Editorial Guidelines for Lingfield and Area Community News
Community News carries local news, articles, reports from organisations and letters.
To make your submission stand out from the crowd - and to help our volunteer editorial team - here are some editorial guidelines.
- Try to keep your submission under 350 words.
- Supply your submission in an email, as an editable attachment, or by post.
- Don't worry about font styles and sizes - we always reformat editorial to suit our house style!
- Regular submissions are welcome, however, please send something different every time.
- Keep it local - we favour local news and information.
- Double check any dates - is your submission suitable for the season covered?
- If you supply photographs or illustrations, please check you have the rights to use them. We'll size them to fit.
- Make your submission interesting - please don't just send us your latest newsletter, lists of names, or an advert.
- For our Letters page, please supply your name and address (we usually print your first name and village, unless you state otherwise).
The editors reserve the right to edit material (reduce the length of an article) and rewrite or otherwise modify it if they deem it necessary. Material is reformatted to suit our house style.
'What's On' Guidelines
'What's On' listings promote forthcoming events for local clubs, groups and societies.
To be considered for inclusion, please submit the following information:
- Club, Group or Society Name
- Event Name
- Date and time(s)
- Ticket price(s) if applicable
- Contact information if applicable - name, telephone number, email, website, as appropriate.
- Event description - up to 25 words maximum.
CN will use as much of this information as space allows to create a free listing in our house style - please don't send an advert for this section!
Community News will include as many local events as possible, however, entry is not guaranteed. CN reserve the right to edit for space and style.